PRE & POST CARE
PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Thoroughly shave the treatment area (use a razor) the night before - AM appointments or in the morning before - PM appointments. The hair has to be shaved in order to avoid the absorption of the light by the hair laying on the skin - to eliminate "tiny pin pricks" sensation/pain and provide better results as well.
• Thoroughly remove make-up, cremes, perfumes and deodorants.
• Cease any excessive sun exposure or a solarium for 4 to 8 weeks prior to treatment.
• No tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
• No competing methods like plucking, waxing, or needle electrolysis 4 weeks before the treatment.
• Notify staff of any medications you are currently taking to determine if they are photosensitive.
• No laser treatments while pregnant.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Cool the treatment area as long as it is pleasant
• The treatment area must be protected from exposure to the sunlight and irradiation in a solarium.
• After the treatment redness of the skin, swelling or small crusts are normal.
• No perfume, lotions or make up 24 hours after treatment, except mineral make-up (Please avoid using cosmetics with scents in the treated area for 2 months).
• Use hypoallergenic SPF30 sunblock for protection in treated areas and apply liberally and often.
• No excessive exercise that will cause profuse sweating for 24-48 hours post treatment.
• No hot baths or showers for 24 hours post treatment.